The UI Department of Public Safety will test the Hawk Alert system at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 12.
The Hawk Alert system is used to notify the campus community of threats to physical safety in emergency situations (tornado, violence, hazardous material incident, and so on).
Hawk Alert allows UI administrators to send recorded or electronic emergency messages (“Hawk Alerts”) to UI students, faculty, and staff via your mobile phone (both voice and text message), home phone, office phone(s), work email, and personal email. You control which of these methods Hawk Alert uses for you.
To ensure you receive the Hawk Alert test message, take these five easy steps now to add or verify your Hawk Alert contact information. This process will take only a couple of minutes:
- Log in to ISIS (students) or Employee Self Service (faculty and staff).
- Navigate to the Hawk Alert contact information links, or follow the direct links available on the Hawk Alert website: hawkalert.uiowa.edu.
- Review the Hawk Alert contact information listed for you.
- Make the appropriate additions or changes using the input boxes and drop-down menus.
- Click the “Update Hawk Alert Contact Information” bar at the bottom of the page to save your changes. (If no changes are necessary, simply log off.)
If you encounter problems, contact the ITS Help Desk at 319-384-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Hawk Alert, go to hawkalert.uiowa.edu.