The University of Iowa will test its Hawk Alert emergency alert system at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12.
Hawk Alert is used to notify the campus community of threats to physical safety in emergency situations (tornado, violence, hazardous material incident, etc.). The system allows UI administrators to send recorded or electronic emergency messages, or “Hawk Alerts,” to UI students, faculty, and staff via mobile phone (both voice and text message), home and office phones, and work and personal emails.
To ensure you receive the Hawk Alert test message, and indicate how you want to receive alerts:
1. Log in to ISIS (students) or Employee Self Service (faculty and staff).
2. Navigate to the Hawk Alert contact information links, or follow the direct links at hawkalert.uiowa.edu/.
3. Review the Hawk Alert contact information listed for you.
4. Make appropriate additions or changes using the input boxes and drop-down menus.
5. Click the “Update Hawk Alert Contact Information” bar at the bottom of the page to save your changes. (If no changes are necessary, simply log off.)